How to Stop Money Scammers
Why scammers get away with their crimes – and what you can do to stop them!
It’s not always easy to avoid scams. Criminals are tricky, aggressive, and they’ll say whatever they have to that will convince someone to hand over their hard-earned money. If one of these scoundrels rips you off, what will you do about it? How to Stop Money Scammers
Everyone has the potential to become a victim of a scam, including you. I’ve seen countless stories come across my desk of victims who refused to believe that scammers ripped them off until they’ve lost everything. Some victims were too embarrassed to ask for help and allowed scammers to take every dime they had over time. Scammers count on the silence and compliance of their victims, using them as their personal piggy banks over and over again for as long as possible.
You can’t afford to lose everything you’ve worked so hard to earn throughout your entire life. How to Stop Money Scammers
If you become the victim of a scam, take the following actions immediately before it happens again:
- Call the police to report the scam. Give them as much detail about the scammer as you can. The police will not only do what they can to catch the criminals, they can also give you the guidance you need to avoid becoming a victim again.
- Learn from the mistake. Remember the details of the call and how the scammer convinced you to give up your money. If you receive a similar call in the future, hang up without saying another word. It’s not rude to hang up on someone who is trying to steal your money – it’s self-preservation. How to Stop the Money Scammers
- Don’t answer phone calls from unknown numbers. The best way to avoid calls from scammers is to review the Caller ID and only answer the phone when you know the identity of the caller. How to Stop the Scammers
- If you get a large number of calls from people trying to sell you something, even if you don’t answer unknown numbers, your phone number is probably on a scammer’s list of potential targets. A good way to stop these calls is to change your telephone number, even if you’ve owned it for years or decades. That phone number is now in the hands of those who will never stop calling and will always try to steal your money.
- Don’t sign up for free prize drawings or contests. These are ploys to get your contact information for marketing purposes. The more marketing calls a person receives, the more likely that individual will become a victim of aggressive marketing tactics. How to Stop Money Scammers
- If you feel overwhelmed by aggressive callers or large amounts of advertising mail and don’t know what to do, seek guidance from family members. Rely on help from loved ones to stop aggressive scammers from taking advantage of you.
Don’t be embarrassed if you find out that you’ve become the victim of a scam. It happens to people of every age, gender, and ethnicity. It’s what you do after it happens that will determine if it stops or continues until you’ve lost everything. Take the actions listed above to reduce your chances of becoming a victim again.
How to Stop the Money Scammers
How to Stop the Money ScammersHow to Stop the Scammers