Due to their small size and heavy usage, bathrooms can become a messy, cluttered area for many families. They are also are important spaces to keep clear for safety reasons. For seniors, most falls occur that occur in a home, happen in a bathroom. Clear the Bathroom Clutter Fo
For those with smaller bathrooms, storage solutions can be even harder to find. Here are some organization tips to make your bathroom a clean and functional space for every member of the family: Clear the Bathroom Clutter
- Assess the mess: Go through all the cabinets and drawers to clear out unused makeup, health care products and medications. Make sure the items you keep are only those used on a regular basis. Items used sparingly should be placed in an alternate location.
- Go vertical: Medicine cabinets can quickly get stuffed when combs, toothpaste and other toiletries are stored horizontally. Use organizer cups with suction adhesives to contain items vertically and save on space.
- Hang up in style: Old coat racks and ladders make perfect solutions for larger families to hang multiple towels. Snag an old one from a thrift store and paint it a bright hue, like red or turquoise, for a stylish bathroom accent piece.
- Avoid spills and squirts: Hair products, such as gels, mousses or hairsprays, can create sticky, tough-to-clean messes if thrown into a drawer or cabinet. Avoid such mishaps by placing these types of items in a plastic tub instead of directly in the drawer.
- Divide and conquer: Bathroom drawers can become unruly if not organized. To keep items separate and tidy, insert a divider, such as those used for kitchen utensils. These often come in fun materials, such as bamboo or stainless steel, to add a fresh look.
- Assign cabinets: Try to use a large enough cabinet so each member of the family has a drawer. This will limit the amount of items high maintenance members can bring into the small area. Plus, it makes it easier for everyone to find their stuff.
With these easy tips, you’ll be able to transform your bathroom into a clean, organized environment, regardless of its size.